Ms. Daizy Chawla
Managing Partner, S&A
Head- Corporate and Tax Practice Group and Intellectual Property Practice Group
Work Department: Corporate, Insolvency and Tax and Intellectual Property
Qualifications: Faculty of Law (Campus Law Centre), University of Delhi (LLB) and LLM
Key practice areas: Company Law Compliances, Regulatory Compliances, General Corporate, Foreign Investments including ECB, Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate Restructuring, Corporate Due Diligence/Audits, Intellectual Property Rights, Taxation, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code, 2016, Restructuring and Private equity, Venture Capital investments, Regulatory Approvals, Incorporation, Corporate Governance Issues, etc.
Experience: Ms. Chawla has over 13 years of experience with specialization in Corporate, Taxation and IPR Laws. She regularly advises on various legal matters including but not limited to corporate laws, insolvency, taxation, etc.
In the course of her career, Ms. Chawla, has accrued extensive experience while working on and successfully dealing with variety of domestic and cross-border corporate and tax related issues including relating to incorporation, corporate restructuring, corporate governance issues, FDI/FEMA, SEBI, ECB, direct and indirect taxation, etc.
She has specialist knowledge of a variety of sectors and has assisted clients from many industries including real estate and infrastructure, hospitals and hospitality, manufacturing, import and export, etc.
Much significantly, Ms. Chawla is also a facilitator for Start-Ups under the “Scheme for Facilitating Start-Ups Intellectual Property Protection (SIPP)” launched by the Government of India for the prosecution of Trademark.
Awards & Accolades:
1. IP Gems of India 2018 at Indian IP Awards 2018 by Questel Orbit
2. 40 under 40 Award (Rising Star 2019) by Legal Era Magazine Award
3. Awarded with a ‘Certificate of Merit’ from Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) for standing among the Top 10% Performers in the National Online Quiz on Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016
She is also a regular contributor to the World Bank Survey and has been awarded a Certificate of Appreciation from World Bank for contribution in its publications namely:
- Doing Business 2019: Training for Reform
- Doing Business 2018: Reforming to Create Jobs
- Doing Business 2017: Equal Opportunity for All
- Doing Business 2015: Going Beyond Efficiency
- Understanding Regulations for Small and Medium-Size Enterprises in 2014
- Smarter Regulations for Small and Medium-Size Enterprises in 2013
- Doing Business in a More Transparent World in 2012
- Doing Business in a More Transparent World in 2011
- Making a Difference in Entrepreneurs in 2010
- Doing Business 2009: Reforming Through Difficult Times